Make an Appointment
An occupational therapist offers guidance by:
- Making good habits and routines, and setting realistic goals
- Making data-driven strategies to meet your goals
A counselor, on the other hand, can help you:
- Learn how to cope with stressful situations and difficult emotions
- Become more flexible and responsive in how you see yourself and others
- Understand yourself better
What we have in common:
- Individualized and client-centered
- Scientifically driven, evidence-based
- Defined goals
Remember, you are not limited to one therapy or the other. You may utilize both services to address the same problem as the different frameworks and methodologies of each profession can complement each other. We encourage students to take advantage of all the resources Caltech has to offer!
- Appointments booked via the Student Health Portal are Zoom appointments unless requested in advance. The Zoom link will be sent to you via the Student Health Portal on the morning of your appointment.
- Student Wellness Services uses a HIPAA-compliant license for Zoom that adds additional security features. You will need to sign into Zoom using the "Sign in with SSO" option. Please reference the instructions if you are having trouble signing in.
- Please ensure that at the time of your appointment, you are someplace with a stable internet connection.
- Masks are required when visiting Student Wellness Services in-person.
- Please bring your laptop, planner, or any other organizational tools.
- Occupational Therapy Services are located at Student Wellness Services North (1245 Arden Rd.) which is a different building than Health and Counseling Services.
- Please arrive on time and ring the doorbell when you are here.
- If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of the agreed-upon start time, you will have missed the appointment and will need to use the Student Health Portal or contact the front desk at (626) 395-8331 to schedule another one.
Student Health Portal >> Appointments >> Schedule an Appointment >> Occupational Therapy
Unless requested in advance, all appointments booked through the Student Health Portal are Zoom appointments. Your therapist will ask for your preference for in-person or Zoom meetings at the end of your session if booking a follow-up appointment.
Call (626) 395-8331 to request an appointment Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Walk in during business hours Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm at 1239 Arden Rd. (Student Wellness Services South) to make an appointment (Closed on Institute Holidays).