Make an Appointment
An occupational therapist offers guidance by:
- Making good habits and routines, and setting realistic goals
- Making data-driven strategies to meet your goals
A counselor, on the other hand, can help you:
- Learn how to cope with stressful situations and difficult emotions
- Become more flexible and responsive in how you see yourself and others
- Understand yourself better
What we have in common:
- Individualized and client-centered
- Scientifically driven, evidence-based
- Defined goals
Remember, you are not limited to one therapy or the other. You may utilize both services to address the same problem as the different frameworks and methodologies of each profession can complement each other. We encourage students to take advantage of all the resources Caltech has to offer!
Student Health Portal >> Appointments >> Schedule an Appointment >> Occupational Therapy
Unless determined beforehand, all appointments booked through the Student Health Portal are Zoom appointments. Your therapist will ask for your preference for in-person or Zoom meetings at the end of your session if booking a follow-up appointment.
Call (626) 395-8331 to request an appointment Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Walk in during business hours Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm at 1239 Arden Rd. (Student Wellness Services South) to make an appointment (Closed on Institute Holidays). Masks required for in-person visits.
What to Expect:
- Occupational Therapy Services has an encrypted, HIPAA-compliant license for Zoom that adds additional security features.
- If you schedule a Zoom video appointment, your clinician will send you the link to join the meeting via a secure message on the Student Health Portal. The link will be generated and sent to you before your appointment, usually the morning of.
- Once a video appointment is in place, your clinician will initiate Zoom video promptly at the time of your appointment. It is important that you are available at the agreed-upon time. Please ensure that at the time of your appointment, you are someplace with a stable internet connection.
- If you do not join the meeting within 15 minutes of the agreed-upon start time, you will have missed the appointment and will need to use the Student Health Portal or contact the front desk at (626) 395-8331 to schedule another one.
- Please bring your laptop, planner, and any other tools and materials that help you get organized.
- Please wear a mask.
- When you have arrived at Student Wellness Services North (1245 Arden Rd.), please knock or ring the doorbell and your therapist will open the door.
- If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of the agreed-upon start time, you will have missed the appointment and will need to use the Student Health Portal or contact the front desk at (626) 395-8331 to schedule another one.