Make an Appointment
An occupational therapist would be able to offer guidance by:
- Optimizing day-to-day habits and routines
- Creating short-term & long-term goals and maintaining accountability
- Focusing on solutions by using activity analysis to recognize dysfunctional patterns
- Developing pragmatic skills to create balance
- Collecting data — sleep, time use
- Focusing on individual strengths, untapped potential, and then link to action
- Evaluating holistically — focusing on many dimensions of wellness
A counselor, on the other hand, focuses their conversation on ways to:
- Recover from past traumas and cope with distress
- Explore past relationships to improve self-concept and self-esteem
- Work through underlying psychological issues that affect ability to function
- Guiding people towards flexibility and responsiveness
- Emotional integration and regulation
- Awareness of the past in order to promote insight and healing
What we have in common:
- Individualized and client-centered
- Scientifically driven, evidence-based
- Defined goals
Remember, you are not limited to one therapy or the other. You may utilize both services to address the same problem as the different frameworks and methodologies of each profession can complement each other.
Due to ongoing construction, Occupational Therapy services will remain fully remote for the time being. Sessions will continue to be conducted via teletherapy, which means meeting by our encrypted, HIPAA-compliant Zoom video platform.
Student Health Portal >> Appointments >> Schedule an Appointment >> Occupational Therapy
Call (626) 395-8331 to request an appointment Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Walk in during business hours Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm at 1239 Arden Rd. to make an appointment (Closed on Institute Holidays). Masks required for in-person visits.
What to Expect:
- Occupational Therapy Services has an encrypted, HIPAA-compliant license for Zoom that adds additional security features.
- If you schedule a Zoom video appointment, your clinician will send you the link to join the meeting via a secure message on the Student Health Portal. The link will be generated and sent to you before your appointment, usually the morning of.
- Once a video appointment is in place, your clinician will initiate Zoom video promptly at the time of your appointment. It is important that you are available at the agreed-upon time. If you do not join the meeting within 15 minutes of the agreed-upon start time, you will have missed the appointment and will need to use the Student Health Portal or contact the front desk at (626) 395-8331 to schedule another one.
- Please ensure that at the time of your appointment, you are someplace with a stable internet connection.