Student Vaccination Policy
June 01, 2023
Immunization against life-threatening diseases is an important tool in the prevention and mitigation of infectious disease outbreaks. This vaccine policy may be modified in response to changes in public health requirements or recommendations. To protect the health of both students and the community as a whole, Caltech has required the following vaccines (or serologic proof indicating immunity, when applicable) for all enrolled students:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR): Two doses of measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine OR blood test showing immunity (positive titers).
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Two doses of varicella (chicken pox) vaccine OR blood test showing immunity (positive titer).
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap): One dose of tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) given after age 7. Afterward, a booster dose of tetanus and diphtheria (Td) every ten years.
- Meningococcal Conjugate ACWY (Meningitis): One dose of meningococcal conjugate ACWY (meningitis) after age 16 for all students under age 22.
- Annual Influenza (Flu) for all students
- COVID-19 vaccination for all students
- Hepatitis A for all students
- Hepatitis B for all students
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) for all students
- Poliovirus (Polio) for all students
- Haemophilus influenza for certain students
- Jynneos (M-Pox) vaccine for certain students
- Meningitis B for certain students
- Pneumococcal for certain students
- Zooster vaccination for age 50 years or older
Please discuss with a healthcare provider if you have questions.
Resource: CDC Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule for Ages 19 and Older
Mon - Fri
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
1239 Arden Rd.
Mail Code 1-8
Pasadena, California 91125
Health (626) 395-6393 | Counseling (626) 395-8331