After Hours / Crisis
Description of Crisis
- You are currently having thoughts of hurting or killing yourself
- You are currently having thoughts of hurting or killing someone else
- You recently made an attempt to injure or kill yourself or someone else
- You feel unable to take care of yourself, are experiencing hallucinations, or are having unusual experiences
- You do not feel safe
- You have an urgent concern that you feel cannot wait until the following day
- You are worried about a fellow student, family member, friend, or someone else important in your life and would like to consult with a counseling professional
Who to Contact
Counseling Services After-hours Line
We understand that urgent and overwhelming matters do not only occur between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Telephone crisis consultation is available 24/7 including weekends and holidays by calling the Counseling Services main line at (626) 395-8331 and pressing "2" when prompted. Please stay on the line.
Please note that if you are having a life-threatening medical or psychiatric emergency at any time, please call for immediate assistance:
- Campus Security Emergency Line at (626) 395-5000 (on campus)
- 911 (off campus)
TimelyCare - Virtual Health and Mental Health Visits
(Free to all Caltech students regardless of insurance)
In addition to our after-hours line, Caltech has partnered with TimelyMD, the leading virtual health and well-being solution in higher education, to offer students free and equitable access to medical and mental health through the TimelyCare platform.
TimelyCare serves as a 24/7 virtual extension of our health and counseling center resources. Through the TimelyCare webpage or smartphone app, Caltech students can now select from a wide-ranging menu of virtual care options from licensed physicians and counselors in all 50 states – at no cost and regardless of insurance coverage – including on-demand mental health support (TalkNow).
TimelyCare is available even to students on medical leave. You have access to TimelyCare as long as you have a working access.caltech account.
- Help available 24-7 via phone or chat
- Text HOME to 741741 for 24/7 crisis support via text message
- Help available 24/7 via phone, text, or online chat for LGBTQ youth
- Help available 24/7 via phone, text, or online chat
- Crisis intervention, support, and linkage to resources
- The Los Angeles Rape and Battering hotline is a confidential non-judgmental resource where staff and volunteers are available to provide emotional support, advocacy, information and referrals. If you or someone you care about has been a victim of sexual assault, domestic violence or intimate partner stalking, please call our 24-hour crisis line.
- Central Los Angeles: 213-626-3393
- South Los Angeles: 310-392-8381
- West San Gabriel Valley: 626-793-3385
- Our counselors will provide immediate crisis intervention, safety planning, and emotional support, to help you recover and start building a life free from abuse.
- 24/7 multilingual hotline. We speak in English and many different Asian and Pacific Islander languages and dialects, including Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Tagalog, Hindi, Khmer, Vietnamese, and Thai.
- Provides free, expert, comprehensive, and compassionate care for sexual assault victims 24 hours a day
- (424) 259-7208
- In-person assessment available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 2900 East Del Mar Boulevard, Pasadena 91107
National Institute of Mental Health
For all mental health-related questions, publications
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Information regarding substance use and mental health resources
Anonymous, confidential, online resource center, where college students can be comfortable searching for the information they need and want regarding emotional health.