What is Health Services?
Health Services is committed to providing caring, compassionate and cost effective health care and health promotion services that are specifically designed for the unique needs of our students. Services are available to all eligible enrolled Caltech students and is NOT dependent on enrollment in any insurance plan.
Update June 2, 2020: New student? Please click to view instructions and requirements for completing the entrance health forms.
Please complete your entrance health forms as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. Students who have not completed their entrance health forms will have a hold placed on their registrar's account and may not be able to register for classes.
When utilizing Student Health Services, we kindly ask you to:
- Call Health Services first to schedule an appointment at (626) 395-6393. We will provide care remotely whenever possible first.
- Students are encouraged to check the Student Health Portal for direct communications from their provider.
- Wear a mask or face covering, wash or sanitize hands often, and adhere to physical distancing requirements of 6ft when visiting the health center.
In addition, we have also implemented the following:
- Remote visits through telephone and video conferencing to continue assisting students remotely
- Rearranged the waiting room to reduce contact between students and adhere to physical distancing guidelines
- Modified appointment scheduling to reduce contact between students and allow time for disinfecting rooms in between appointments
- Increased disinfection of frequently touched surfaces
- Other workplace modifications under the guidance of the Pasadena Public Health Department to reduce risk of COVID-19 infection
Please contact Student Wellness Services with questions and suggestions.
- Services Provided
- Location and Hours
- Make an Appointment
- Primary health care (General medicine)
- Laboratory test specimens collected for reference lab
- Prescriptions provided to be filled at community pharmacy
- Allergy injections continuation after started by allergist
- Gynecological care
- Referrals for specialist care and imaging tests
Until further notice, health appointments will not be available through the online Student Health Portal. In accordance with the recommendations from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Student Health Services will be limiting in-person visits and introducing telehealth for the safety of all students and the campus at-large.
Please call (626) 395-6393 to request an appointment. Student Health Services will continue to function per our normal business hours.
Students who have the Caltech UnitedHealthcare insurance can access free telehealth services 24/7 provided by HealthiestYou.
There's two workshops this week! Join us on Friday, 1/22 at 12:00pm Pacific for Tackle the Term Part 2. This worksh… https://t.co/xMBxLDqUL9
Join us tomorrow, 1/20, for a workshop on Getting Better Sleep at 12:00pm Pacific. We'll cover strategies for manag… https://t.co/IQ5dq4xIhb
The Caltech Meditation Mob is drop-in mindfulness meditation group that meets Tuesdays year-round at 12:00pm Pacifi… https://t.co/PNbhOJWmE6