Self-Help and Assessment Resources
Health Services: (626) 395-6393
Counseling and Occupational Therapy Services: (626) 395-8331
After-Hours Crisis Support available 24/7, including weekends and holidays:
(626) 395-8331 and press "2" and please stay on the line
Campus Security Emergency Line: (626) 395-5000
Campus Security for Non-emergencies (escorts, reports, or information): (626) 395-4701
Off Campus Emergencies: 911
Anonymous Mental Health Screening Tool
- Anonymous Mental Health Screening Tool - How Are You Feeling? This screening tool is completely anonymous and confidential. Immediately following the brief questionnaire, you will see your results, recommendations, and key resources.
TimelyCare - Virtual Health and Mental Health Visits
(Free to all Caltech students regardless of insurance)
Caltech has partnered with TimelyMD, the leading virtual health and well-being solution in higher education, to offer students free and equitable access to medical and mental health through the TimelyCare platform.
TimelyCare serves as a 24/7 virtual extension of our health and counseling center resources. Through the TimelyCare webpage or smartphone app, Caltech students can now select from a wide-ranging menu of virtual care options from licensed physicians and counselors in all 50 states – at no cost and regardless of insurance coverage – including:
- On-demand medical care
- Appointment-based medical care
- On-demand mental health support (TalkNow)
- Appointment-based mental health counseling
- Digital self-care content
TimelyCare is available even to students on medical leave. You have access to TimelyCare as long as you have a working access.caltech account.
Some benefits to you:
- Convenient 24/7 care – Physical and mental health issues often present themselves outside regular business hours, and TimelyCare makes seeking support or treatment as easy and convenient as making a video or phone call. Nationally, about 40% of mental health care visits through TimelyCare occur after hours.
- Reduced wait times – Typical consultations for on-demand services through TimelyCare begin within 5-10 minutes.
- Diverse provider network – In addition to being from diverse backgrounds, TimelyMD providers are trained to be culturally competent. For example, more than 60% of mental health providers identify as BIPOC. The platform also offers professionals who identify as LGBTQIA+, speak multiple languages and/or have various religious and spiritual beliefs. Students can choose to meet with a specific provider or select the first available.
- Peace of mind – TimelyCare is a safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant platform that follows up with Student Wellness Services to ensure continuity of care.
SilverCloud Health - Online programs for stress, depression, anxiety, and building resilience (Free to all Caltech students)
Choose from five online programs to help you better manage stress, depression, anxiety, and build resilience. Each module takes 20-40 minutes to complete and is based in cognitive-behavioral therapy. You can track your mood and symptoms over time, complete brief self-guided exercises, and learn practical skills that will help you feel better.
SilverCloud Health is free for all Caltech students, and you can complete the modules at your own pace from your computer, tablet, or phone.
- 100% of Caltech students found the modules helpful
- 94.1% of Caltech students said the program supports them in making progress toward their goals
- 86% of users with severe anxiety reported improvement in symptoms