PA Advisory Committee (PAAC)
Roles and Responsibilities
The Peer Advocate Advisory Committee consists
of one student representative from each residence. The student representative
must have experience (in the past or present) working in a peer support
capacity and must demonstrate the ability to think critically about both macro
and micro aspects of the program. The Peer Advocate Advisory Committee is
charged with working closely with the program advisors to ensure programmatic
concerns in each residence are assessed and addressed on an ongoing basis. The Peer Advisory Committee will meet monthly
for one hour (the first Friday of each month with October 2018 meeting being
the 2nd week) to discuss residence
concerns and develop plans to address the identified concerns. A Google
document will be created and shared with those in the committee to identify
talking points for each meeting.
The following list identifies the specific
roles and responsibilities of the committee:
- Each PAAC member must check in
with peers in their residence to assess the effectiveness of the support
system. This will be done through a standard survey being sent throughout each
residence one time during Week 7 of each term (Weeks of: February 18-22,
November 12-16, and May 13-17).
- Each PAAC member will use the identified Google document to make note of concerns and/or ideas for each monthly meeting (agenda for upcoming meetings).
- One PAAC member will be identified to take notes during the meeting. This will be done in a Google document that allows for all members of the committee, including the program advisors, to access the document.
- The program advisors will review the agenda and work with members of the PAAC committee to review and address each item.
- Each PAAC member will assist in the recruitment and interview process for new PAs in their residence. This will include communicating information about PA selection and assembling a team of 3-4 students from their community to review applications and conduct interviews during the winter term.
PAAC Monthly Meeting Schedule
Fall Monthly Meeting Schedule (12:15pm-1:00pm)
- October 12, 2018
- November 2, 2018
- December 7, 2018
Winter Monthly Meeting Schedule (12:15pm-1:00pm)
- January 11, 2019
- February 1, 2019
- March 1, 2019
Spring Monthly Meeting Schedule (12:15pm-1:00pm)
- April 5, 2019
- May 3, 2019
- June 7, 2019