Occupational Therapy Services FAQs
We have additional services at Student Wellness Services located at 1239 Arden Rd.
Hours of Service: Monday - Friday at 9:00am - 5:00pm
Closed on Institute Holidays.
An occupational therapist would be able to offer guidance by:
- Optimizing day-to-day habits and routines
- Creating short-term & long-term goals and maintaining accountability
- Focusing on solutions by using activity analysis to recognize dysfunctional patterns
- Developing pragmatic skills to create balance
- Collecting data — sleep, time use, calories, steps
- Focusing on individual strengths, untapped potential, and then link to action
- Evaluating holistically — focusing on many dimensions of wellness
- Recover from past traumas and cope with distress
- Explore past relationships to improve self-concept and self-esteem
- Work through underlying psychological issues that affect ability to function
- Guiding people towards flexibility and responsiveness
- Emotional integration and regulation
- Awareness of past in order to promote insight and healing
- Diagnose and treat mental disorders
- Individualized and client-centered
- Scientifically driven, evidence-based
- Defined goals
Remember, you are not limited to one therapy or the other. You may utilize both services to address the same problem as the different frameworks and methodologies of each profession can complement each other.