Forms / Policies

Student Wellness Services does not provide documentation for disability accommodations, emotional support animals, housing, or dining exceptions. Practitioners are able to provide referrals to off-campus providers for neuropsychological assessment, psychoeducational evaluations, or other documentation needs. Student Wellness Services providers can consult with an assessor or off-campus provider (with a signed release of information) if the student has been in treatment or the provider has information to contribute to the evaluation and documentation process.

Health Services


All visits to the Health Center are confidential.

Our staff maintains strict confidentiality with your medical records at all times. Medical records of all patients seen at the student health center are retained for 7 years after the last patient visit. Medical records are not transferred to micro fische.

Rights and Responsibilities

All patients seen at Student Wellness Services are entitled to rights and responsibilities pertaining to their care. It is important that all rights and responsibilities related to patient/client care are identified, documented, and communicated to everyone seeking care at Student Wellness Services. If you have any questions, any staff member can help you understand these rights and responsibilities.


Extension Policy

Student Health Services does not provide written letters for extensions related to missing academic work due to illness. If the circumstance involves a short time, 1-2 days, talk to your professor directly and explain the circumstances. If you are unable to reach a reasonable understanding, contact the Dean of Students by email to explain the situation and they can assist you. If you have a significant or severe medical illness that will affect your long term academic work, and need medical evaluation and treatment, please make an appointment with Student Health Services. If necessary, health information will be shared (with informed consent), to the Deans Office regarding your illness.

If you are looking for accommodations, please visit the Caltech Accessibility Services for Students website.

Counseling Services

Occupational Therapy Services